Answered By: Rebecca Hedreen Last Updated: Jan 19, 2017 Views: 37
When you look a book (or video, or other item) up in the catalog, each one gets a Location and a Call Number. Each Location is a section of the library, and each item is shelved by call number within that location:
- Main Circulating Stacks are on the 2nd and 3rd floors of Buley:
- Stacks call numbers beginning with A-NC are on the 2nd floor.
- Stacks call numbers beginning with ND-Z are on the 3rd floor.
- SCSU Conn Collection, Rare Books, and X Collection are closed collections. Please see a Reference Librarian to request materials from these collections.
- SCSU Leisure Reading books are on the main (1st) floor.
- SCSU Curriculum Collection materials are on the 3rd floor.
- SCSU Juvenile books are on the 3rd floor.
- SCSU Media materials are on the main floor.
- SCSU Oversize books are on the 3rd floor.
- SCSU Reference books are on the main (1st) floor.
- SCSU Thesis print copies - The last ten years are located on the lower level of the library. Earlier years are currently unavailable in hardcopy but may be available online. Please see a Reference Librarian.
- SCSU Current Issues (Journals, Magazines, & Newspapers) are on the lower level.
- SCSU Bound Journals and Indexes are on the lower level.
- SCSU Newspapers are on the lower level.
- SCSU Microfilm and Microfiche are on the lower level.
Text Us! (203) 490-0756
Call Us! Reference Desk: 203-392-5732
Circulation Desk: 203-392-5756
Email the Reference Desk: email@example.com
Email individual librarians
Note: Chats are recorded. Please DO NOT send ID numbers over chat unless specifically requested.