Answered By: Rebecca Hedreen Last Updated: Jan 13, 2017 Views: 36
We have over 200 databases, plus direct subscriptions to journals, so it was probably inevitable that some of them aren't working quite right! Our apologies!
Here are the tips we've found so far for best access:
- Log in to SouthernSearch right away. Some links will work if you are logged in already.
- If the links still won't work, see if it indicated what source the full text is from. For instance, the Source (usually under the abstract or description) might say "PsychArticles" or "Medline". Go directly to the database if we have it.
- Try looking up the Journal in the Journal Finder search (in the Journals tab on the homepage search boxes).
- Try looking up the article by the article title in Google Scholar. If you are on campus, you'll links to the SCSU Journal Finder if we have a subscription. If you are off campus, you can set those links up yourself using these instructions.
- If nothing works, send us the citation using any method given on the LibAnswers page: text, chat, email, or phone. If we can, we'll send you a link or the full text. If we can't get it into it, we can talk about how to order it!
Text Us! (203) 490-0756
Call Us! Reference Desk: 203-392-5732
Circulation Desk: 203-392-5756
Email the Reference Desk: email@example.com
Email individual librarians
Note: Chats are recorded. Please DO NOT send ID numbers over chat unless specifically requested.